Jason Renshaw is a graduate of the University of Melbourne and the author of more than 40 books published with Pearson Longman
Welcome message from Jason Renshaw
I'm Jason Renshaw, the founder, principal, designer, writer and main tutor for RISE (Renshaw Internet School of English). In a nutshell, RISE is my personal online English school.
Over the past 16 years, I have taught English to a variety of learners in four different countries on three different continents. I've specialized in everything from TOEFL and IELTS preparation to training non-native English teachers at university level and doing corporate Business English instruction. I am also an international author with Pearson Longman (the world's biggest educational publisher) and have written more than 40 textbooks which are now being used in dozens of countries all around the world.
I have also done a lot of work with online learning applications, and I felt it was about time I put my experience and specialization to use through my own online English school!
You can watch my personal video introduction to the left, and/or look at my resume below.
Thanks for dropping by to see RISE, and I wish you all the best in your English language learning endeavors!
With best regards,
Jason D. Renshaw
- Founder and principal of RISE
Copyright © 2008 - Jason Renshaw / English Raven Educational Services. All Rights Reserved.
Jason Renshaw presenting his Longman textbook series at a seminar at Kyobo Tower, Kangnam, Seoul, South Korea - May 2007.
About Jason Renshaw
- Currently Managing Director of English Raven Educational Services and working as a freelance online tutor and education materials designer and writer.
- Hometown: Melbourne, Australia (currently near the beach somewhere!).
- 36 years of age, married, with a son (Jamie/4) and daughter (Hannah/6 mths).
- TEFL Certification from Linguarama Language for Business.
- 18 years experience as an English and English as a Second/ Foreign Language teacher, including Academic Coordination, curriculum design, teacher training and textbook writing. Has also taught English in Australia, England and Sweden.
- President of the Korea TESOL (KOTESOL) Busan-Gyeongnam Chapter, 2002-2003.
- Co-ordinator of KOTESOL's National Young Learners and Teenagers Special Interest Group (2004-2007) and a committee member of the IATEFL YL SIG (2004-2006).
Jason's textbook series (BOOST!) from Pearson Longman, targeting skills in reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar.
Esse quam Videri
The motto of the Renshaw family crest (and the logo for my online school) is "Esse quam videri", which is Latin for "To be rather than seem to be."
I like this as a personal and teaching/learning motto, because it reminds me that it is always important to actually teach learners rather than to just appear to teach them. Likewise, I always aim for my learners to become great at English, rather than just appearing to be good at English!